Susan LeGrow had a privileged life and was a member of her school's cheerleading squad. Her parents were the richest people in town, thus instantly making her the most popular girl at her school.
During her Senior year, Susan dated the captain of the school football team, Chet Walters. When Chet caught Susan with another boy on Prom Night, he clubbed the boy to death before tying Susan up and strangling her with his tie, breaking her neck. He buried her body under the 50-yard line of the school football field.
Susan's buried corpse was discovered two weeks after her death. Following her death, Susan's spirit remained bound to earth and was later captured by Cyrus Kriticos to become The Bound Woman. The Bound Woman was then moved to the basement of Basileus's Machine with the other eleven ghosts.
The Bound Woman is the third ghost to be released. Right after her release, The Bound Woman haunts Bobby and lures him into the basement, before approaching him from behind and scaring him away.
Later, a Latin chant causes The Bound Woman, along with the other eleven ghosts, to go to the center of the machine and power it up. When The Bound Woman and the other ghosts are freed from the trance, they throw Cyrus into a rotating crest of rings. The house then explodes shortly after, destroying its walls, and freeing The Bound Woman and the other eleven ghosts.
- The Bound Woman's hands are almost always tied behind her back. However, when she and the other ghosts kill Cyrus, her hands are untied.
- The Latin inscription beneath The Bound Woman's symbol in The Arcanum, "Soror Dira" translates to "Dire Sister".
- Interestingly, much like The Jackal, the whispers which signal The Bound Woman's presence appear to be insane screams and rapid, high-pitched laughter.
- For some reason, it seemed as though in one scene, The Bound Woman was shown hanging, but in other scenes, she's able to walk.
- The Bound Woman is the first of the female ghosts in the introduced in the Black Zodiac.