- This page is for the 1960 film. For the 2001 film, see Thirteen Ghosts.
When occultist uncle Dr. Plato Zorba wills a huge ramshackle house to his nephew Cyrus and his impoverished family, they are shocked to find the house is haunted. Their new furnished residence comes complete with a spooky housekeeper, Elaine, plus a fortune in buried treasure and 12 horrifying ghosts.
His family soon discovers that these spirits include a decapitated man, a fully grown lion, a wailing lady and a flaming skeleton, who are held captive in the eerie house and must find an unlucky thirteenth ghost to free them. Dr. Zorba leaves a set of special goggles, the only way of seeing the ghosts, as well as a treasure of his fortune hidden somewhere in the house. However, there is someone else in the house who is looking for the money and is willing to kill for it.
- Charles Herbert as Buck Zorba
- Jo Morrow as Medea Zorba
- Martin Milner as Benjamin Rush
- Rosemary DeCamp as Hilda Zorba
- Donald Woods as Cyrus Zorba
- Margaret Hamilton as Elaine Zacharides
- John Van Dreelen as Van Allen
- Jeanne Baker as Emilio's Wife
- John Burnside as Emilio
- William Castle as Himself
- David Hoffman as Messenger
- Roy Jenson as Plato Zorba